SATURDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 1888

Walked - wet day.

To Alton to meet Mr ? Gent, Cedar Hill regarding sale of property viz the Turnditch Farm near Alton, Copper and Chawner, Solicitors at Uttoxeter, will write regarding same. Mr Gent says he expects propert will realise about 3000 pounds and says I must be sure to ask enough commission when the solicitors ask me what I will do it for.

I agreed to give Mr Gent on honorarium of 25 per cent on my profits or commission. Mr Gent is a trustee in this estate, I will propose that I do the work, in consideration of said honorarium. He says that father used to give him one third.

Walker, auctioneer of Uttoxeter, he says charged 3 pounds 3 shillings for selling a stack hay - ten minutes work. See Gents letter regarding this on file.

Considering that the usual commission for these sales is about one and half to five percent, I should think if I said half a percent on the amount realised would be but fair, this if the sale made 3000 pounds would bring me 15 pounds commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment