FRIDAY 13th JULY 1888

Home. In Market. Jim Goodwin here pot selling. Gave him 2 New Zealand papers.

Met Shallcrop at Liberal Club, he is about to take out a license and he and I are going to work together a bit in his district of Leek etc. He is not strong enough for outdoor work and will sell at property sales only so I have undertook to sell for him at furniture and stock sales - sharing all profits between us. Half a loaf is better than none.

At 5pm, I sold the park mowing grass. Realised 41 pounds 1 shilling in 3 lots.

8pm. Interviewed Mr William Malkin, Rock Cliff, when he arranged to guarantee me an overdraft of 30 pounds for 6 months and to continue same after that time if required. This is more than Billy Bowers would do for me. I shall not forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment