SATURDAY 24th MARCH 1888

Morning - At 10, started from Cheadle and walked to Oakamoor to meet Mr Lees regarding valuation at Wood Farm. Mr Mottram did not come.

Lees says that Wooddison(?) has shifted all the hay stack off the farm. Lees says he has settled with Mr Minor's(?) Shrewsbury's agent that the Landlord shall take to the fixtures from Wooddison and so save him any further bother. The valuation will therefore require writing out.

Lees asked me to send him my account for this job. I think 2 guineas(?) would not be one penny too much considering my 3 journeys to Oakamoor, interviews in Cheadle and letter writing regarding this matter.

Got home about 2pm.

Afternoon - Sundry office work. Mr Ridge, grocer, confided to me that he intended going to New Zealand.

Notes:
1) One guinea was equivalent to one pound one shilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment